Here is a quick and easy dinner recipe that is a huge hit with kids. Best of all it’s only four ingredients, and it’s very likely you might already have all four in your pantry!
- 7 ounces macaroni.
- 5 eggs.
- 5 ounces cheese.
- 1 lbs. sausage.
- Pre-heat oven to 350-400F.
- Cook and drain macaroni, set aside to cool.
- Cut the sausage into bite sized pieces (I’d recommend a mild sausage, such as kielbasa. But your choice really!) and add to cooled macaroni.
- Separate the yolks from the eggs, and agg the yolks to the macaroni sausage mix. Also add cheese, but save enough to sprinkle across the top.
- Whip egg whites to soft peaks, then carefully fold into the macaroni mixture.
- Add mixture to bakeware dish, sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake until golden, approximately 40 minutes.
The choice of cheese for this dish really depends on the taste of those you are serving it to. When I make it for kids I use mild cheeses, such as cheddar. If I want a bit more flavor I use pepperjack cheese instead!