I’m sure we all have certain recipes we’ve had around forever, and this is one of them for me. The first time I actually made this was in home economics back in 9th grade, haha!
It’s simple and oh so tasty, and a great way to use up some apples! Not to mention the incredible smell of cinnamon through the house as the cake bakes!
- 2 eggs.
- 4.7 oz sugar.
- 3 tablespoons butter.
- 5 oz milk.
- 6.3 oz flour.
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder.
- 2 apples, sliced into thin wedges.
- 1 tablespoon sugar.
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Whip sugar and egg together until it’s stiff.
- Pour in melted butter and milk.
- Sift in flour with baking powder added in it. Use a spatula to stir everything together to a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter in a greased cake pan.
- Put the apple slices in a nice pattern on top of the batter, sprinkle over sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake the cake for about 40 minutes at 350F. Let it rest for a few minutes before taking it out.
Slice and enjoy! Adding a bit of whipped cream or ice cream would be great as well. Mmmm