Here is a recipe for another quick and easy dinner that’s a huge hit in my family.
It’s hands down my favorite Swedish dish after having lived there for 6 years. Swedish meatballs ain’t got nothing on the Korv (Sausage) Stroganoff if you ask me! Funnily enough it took me moving to the US to learn how to make it from scratch, and it’s become a staple since coming home to Norway since it’s one of very few meals my daughter will devour. Not only that, she’ll ask for seconds too!
Easy and delicious Swedish Korv (Sausage) Stroganoff!
- 1 lbs sausage. (I usually use a mild flavored one, often picking Polish kielbasa when I lived in the US.)
- 1 yellow onion.
- Butter or margarine.
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree.
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard.
- Salt and pepper.
- 10 oz heavy cream.
- Cut sausage into preferred size.
- Peel and chop the onion. Heat the butter in the pan and add the sausage and onion, stirring while cooking.
- Add the tomato puree, mustard, and cream mixing well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer for a few minutes.
- Ready to serve! I usually go for rice, but you can also go with boiled potatoes, quinoa, or pasta and a green salad.